The Columbia Volunteer Hearth Division was busy responding to a number of calls Friday by means of Sunday, lots of which handled injury attributable to sprinkler methods as a result of frozen pipes on account of latest subzero temperatures.
Columbia Hearth Chief Mike Roediger mentioned early Monday afternoon that his division dealt with 18 complete calls over 36 hours.
The fireplace division responded to Hope Christian Church, the Columbia Lakes flats, Bria Healthcare at 253 Bradington Drive, a enterprise on North Fundamental Road at Rueck Street and Columbia Center Faculty after sprinkler system alarms went off at every place. Roediger mentioned in every occasion, frozen pipes activated the sprinkler methods, leading to water sprayed all through the buildings.
CMS sustained the least quantity of harm, the fireplace chief mentioned, however the different 4 places sustained water injury to carpet, partitions and ceiling tiles. Firefighters spent hours eradicating water at these places and performing different clean-up duties.
The fireplace division additionally responded to Hampton Inn, 165 Admiral Trost Drive, for a damaged water line as a result of frozen pipes.
As well as, Columbia firefighters assisted with a Christmas morning construction fireplace in Dupo and a Friday night time fireplace name in Millstadt.