Eleven youths from completely different Baton Rouge-area church buildings will probably be honored on the inaugural Christian Youth Stellar Awards Program and Silent Public sale set for 4 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 18, at Boudreaux’s, 2647 Authorities St.
The visitor speaker will probably be Ted James, a former Louisiana state consultant and present Area VI administrator with the U.S. Small Enterprise Administration. The Baton Rouge native is a graduate of McKinley Excessive Faculty and the Southern College Regulation Heart.
The occasion is being hosted by Gloryland Baptist Church, Senior Pastor Rayford T. Iglehart and the Gloryland Academic Useful resource Heart, a nonprofit social group of church.
“This has been a considered mine for years,” mentioned Joycelyn Inexperienced, administrative secretary on the church and govt director of the useful resource heart. “We’re at all times honoring adults. We’re at all times honoring pastors, musicians, and politicians, however nothing for the youth to maintain them rooted and grounded.”
This system’s aim is “to showcase youth that exemplifies dedication and diligence for Christ in addition to inside their communities.”
“With all of the crime and the whole lot that is occurring, we’ve got to study to acknowledge our youth for the constructive issues which can be doing, as a result of all the crime is overshadowing the youth, those who’re actually on the market going nice issues,” she mentioned.
The honorees are:
- Brittney Campbell, of St. Mary Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, and an eighth grader at Northwestern Center Faculty.
- Laila Sydnee Value, of Better Mount Pilgrim Baptist Church in Donaldsonville, and a freshman at Grambling State College.
- Hallie Inexperienced, of Rock Zion Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, and a fifth grader at Hosanna Christian Academy.
- Tony Gianni Grey Jr., of Gloryland Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, and a senior at Baton Rouge Magnet Excessive Faculty.
- Marquise Jones, of Mount Olive Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, and an eighth grader at Southeast Center Faculty.
- Emily Nash, of New Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church in Port Allen, and a pupil at LSU.
- Dwayne Thomas Jr., of Second Baptist Church in Plaquemine, and a senior at Math, Science and Arts Academy West.
- TyQuan Marquice Willie Thomas, of True Mild Baptist Church in Lakeland, and a seventh grader at Rougon Elementary Faculty in Rougon.
- Trey Logan Townsel, of Douglas Avenue Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, and a senior at Southeastern Louisiana College.
- Qui’Jon Marquise Williams, of New Mild Missionary Baptist Church in Baton Rouge, and a sophomore at Central Excessive Faculty.
- Jayden Shamar Wright, of Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church in Port Allen, and a senior at Port Allen Excessive Faculty.
Along with the awards presentation and the tackle from James, this system will function dinner, a tribute in dance by honoree Brittney Campbell and a musical presentation by honoree Trey Townsel.